We’ve all been told at one point or another to go hug a tree. Well, this time the tree is hugging us. The bamboo is anyway.
Boody Organic Eco Wear is eco-luxing the heck out of our socks and underthings. And we are loving it. In fact, it’s almost unfair that something so eco-friendly is simultaneously so comfortable and aesthetically appealing. But life isn’t always fair. And again, we are loving it.
Let’s get on to the reasons that you’re going to want to get your body in to boody…. Oh, and bonus points for the hybrid word.
Right now you might be thinking, “But why would I want my underwear to be made of bamboo?” Fair question.
For the forest:
- Grown organically. That means no pesticides. No insecticides. No fertilisers. Ok, we’re off to a good start.
- Grown without artificial irrigation. Producing commercial harvests of bamboo requires only rainwater.
- Improving air quality. Bamboo plantations produce 30% more oxygen than an equivalent area of trees and absorb more carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases.
- Fast growing and regenerating. It’s the fastest growing woody plant in the world, some species of bamboo shoot up as much as one metre a day! New stems are able to be harvested again and again. Honestly, try to wrap your mind around that.
For your boody:
- Bamboo contains an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal bio-agent which is retained through the process of fabrication and after washing many, many times. This property also makes garments odour-resistant. Sounds good… and smells good.
- The structure of the bamboo fibres contains micro-gaps, which provide ventilation and pull moisture away from the body, allowing the skin to breathe.
- Light, luxuriously soft and gentle on the skin.
- Thermo-regulating. That means they’re cosy in winter, cool in summer and great for exercise in all conditions.
- A neutral charge prevents static build-up, preventing clinging.
- Getting to tell people you’re wearing bamboo undies. Seriously, it’s so fun.
They’ve created products for women, men and kids, so your whole family can feel boodyful.
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today)